The term "Repeal" means:
- To revoke or rescind, especially by the action of a legislature.
- Obsolete To summon back or recall, especially from exile.
- to rescind or annul by authoritative act, especially : to revoke or abrogate by legislative enactment.
- ABANDON, RENOUNCE.
- (Obsolete) To summon to return : RECALL.
- Annul by recalling or rescinding.
- To revoke or withdraw formally or officially.
- To repeal a grant.
- To revoke or annul (a law, tax, duty, etc.) by express legislative enactment; abrogate.
- The act of repealing; revocation; abrogation.
- The act of abrogating; an official or legal cancellation.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.